Dr Lester Bostock
- (Indigenous media pioneer)
- b? d: Nov 2017)
- Co-Produced Lousy Little Sixpence (1983); developed Indigenous broadcasting and represented Australia at UNESCO.
- Broadcasting trailblazer Uncle Lester Bostock passes away (SBS): “He was a founding member of Black Theatre and Metro Screen, as well as Radio Redfern now Koori Radio. His was the first Aboriginal voice heard on SBS Radio and many media leaders describe Uncle Lester as a mentor who opened doors and careers for them.”
- Eulogy for Uncle Lester Bostock (First Peoples Disability Network)
- Born: 22 August 1946 Died: 12 October 2017, Melbourne
- Character actor in many Australian films of the 70s and 80s including Mad Max https://www.ozmovies.com.au/movies/browse?search=Max+Fairchild
- (sound recordist, documentary maker, anthropologist)
- (d: 17 September 2017)
- Sandra Le Brun Holmes was born on Boolcoomatta station in Northern New South Wales, near the border of South Australia. She studied anthropology in Sydney, where she met and married writer and film maker Cecil Holmes and together they made a number of films on Aboriginal life and culture, as well as in isolated parts of Papua New Guinea. https://www.austlit.edu.au/austlit/page/A145812
- Wife of director Cecil Holmes http://littledarwin.blogspot.com/2014/07/cec-and-sandra-holmes-continuing-biog.html
- More from from Sandra’s daughter Amanda Holmes Tzafrir – sandra-holmes-from-amanda
- (writer & critic)
- (12 November 1932 – 6 November 2017) : A journalist, academic and author, known for her support for cinema in Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Lawson
- Sydney Morning Herald Obituary
- Geoff Gardner wrote in his blog, and delivered a tribute to Sylvia Lawson at the AMOHG meeting.
- (journalist broadcaster)
- 5 January 1944 – 6 September 2017
- Peter Anthony Luck was an Australian author, TV journalist, producer and presenter. Among the shows he worked on were This Day Tonight, Four Corners, Sunday, Inside Edition and Today Tonight, Bicentennial Minutes … A Time to Remember, This Fabulous Century, The Australians, 50 Fantastic Years and Where Are They Now?. Wikipedia
- ABC Obituary
- Three video clips hosted on NFSA website: samples of stories presented by Peter Luck
- (TV executive & producer)
- ~1950 – September 22, 2017
- Australian producer and US TV executive who headed up Fremantle USA, FOX Reality Channel and National Geographic Channels.
- To Australian audiences Lyle was best known for presenting The Golden Years of Televisionfor TEN in the 1980s, but he is regarded as a pioneer of Reality TV in the US.
- Tribute in TV Tonight
- Variety (US)
- (TV weather presenter GTV9)
- (12 May 1937 – 5 December 2017)
- Australian television and radio personality who won Logie Awardsfor best Victorian Female Personality in 1969 and 1970. (Wikipedia)
- Rosemary Margan was a water skiing champion, winner of six national titles, when she started her media career as a weather presenter at Melbourne’s GTV9 in the mid-1960s. She presented the weather at Nine for almost a decade – mostly by ‘drawing’ the weather and temperatures from standing behind a clear perspex screen. IMDB biography
- (music journalist)
- (6 January 1957 – 16 October 2017)
- Scottish-Australian musician and journalist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Shedden
- He was Music Writer for The Australian
Ron Windon ACS
- (cinematographer and FBIOHG member)
- A lifelong cinematographer, whose father worked for Cinesound, whose sons are also cinematographesr, and who was a past president of the ACS.
- A tribute from Australian Cinematographers Society
- Some Ron Windon productions on Australia Screen Online